JD FOLIO: DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF FASHION PORTFOLIO
COURSE DURATION: 3 Months ECTS credits: 8
The three month short term program will introduce students to the process of portfolio preparation. With an aim to assist students in creating customized and dynamic portfolios, the course will include fundamentals of portfolio development which will include:
• Concept • Styles • Layouts • Design formats • Mounting and presenting work
The course will encourage students to explore various possibilities of portfolio creation, which will be achieved by taking creative risks, experimenting, applying various techniques, tools and processes. This will give students an opportunity to explore their unique creativity, work on multiple yet individual projects and present a wide range of work, which in return will broaden their intuitive thought process and innovative skills.
The journey of portfolio creation will be captured by including the initial designs, research methodologies, rough sketches, written documents and more… all of which will give a step by step insight into the entire process of creating a final design work.
THIS COURSE ENCAPSULATES
• How to display looks/style books/mood boards • Studying a variety of fashion illustrators • Developing collection ideas from mood boards • Researching fashion project themes • Developing unique creative signature skills • Understanding the process of inspiration to rough sketches to finished fashion drawings • Customized portfolio to reflect individual personalities • Mounting all design work both aesthetically and professionally.
DESIGN FOR INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
This is an intermediate level. The prerequisites are the following:
• Fashion drawing skills • Advanced illustration proficiency
• Understanding the basics of creating a collection • Ability to design and execute a collection.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism • Acquire knowledge of innovative ways of presenting fashion ideas • Carry out intensive research in the context of art and design • Identify and integrate data and propose design solutions • Use the knowledge acquired in an appropriate manner to develop a professional fashion portfolio.
If you would like to receive more information about applying to JDIDS, or to arrange a campus visit, let us know a little bit about yourself and your academic interests. We’ll send you detailed information about admissions, curriculum, financial aid options – everything you need to know while considering the pursuit of higher arts education.